Saturday, July 21, 2012

C is for .................... Caring

Caring for others is a massive part of my personality.  It is something I enjoy.  I absolutely love being a mother to my two children and I consider the last eight years that I have been a Mum ...... the best years of my life.

To care for others is also in my nature.  I like to do things for other people.  I like to help out wherever I can. 

I love doing things for my friends from looking after their kids, to cooking them meals, helping them move house {even if the drive there and back takes 3 hours}, cleaning their house without them knowing while they are at work, to leaving them a surprise little gift when they least expect it.  I love seeing the look on their face when you do something special for them, it warms my heart.

I have been known to send off little packages of goodness in the mail to friends when they have done something special for me, just to say thanks.  I purposely don't tell them about it just to make the surprise even bigger.  The thank you calls, messages and emails that follow, warm my heart too.

I may have or may not have sent little gifts to the kids of a couple of blog authors that I have grown to know without telling them when to expect it, just to make them smile.

As far back as I can remember, I have always been this way.  And now the kids are at school and kindy I am always helping in the classroom or with fundraising.  It makes me happy to be a part of it all.  I know that sometimes I take on way too much when trying to help out and I often find myself up until midnight stapling raffle tickets, printing, cutting, laminating, co-ordinating and stressing when I know that all the other mums are sleeping cosy in their beds.  But, I am okay with that, I enjoy helping.  I can't help myself, it's who I am.

Just lately (as he gets older) Nikolas has noticed that most days I am eating breakfast around 3pm when I am making the kids their afternoon tea.  He keeps telling me that I need to take care of myself.  He made me stop and and think, that wise little boy. I really do put everything and everyone else before myself and maybe it's time I start taking care of me too.

And because a post isn't a post without a photo ....

How lucky am I that I get to care for my very own special little people.

3 comments:

  1. You are a very special lady. I have been on the receiving end of your caring and the smile was from ear to ear

    Thank you Cassie

    Love Kate.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post.
    Yes, you do go the extra mile to make people happy! It's YOU!
    But you also have take Nikolas's advice and start looking after you too! :)))
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! The world needs more people like you!

    ReplyDelete